Vegan Apple Pie
For the perfect apple pie, pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees celsius and follow these simple steps:
1. Peel and slice 5 or 6 Granny Smith apples or Bramley apples.
2. Place the apple slices in a saucepan of boiling water and 4 tablespoons of sugar and boil til soft.
3. While the apples are softening, get to work on your pastry.
4. For the pastry you will need Flour, Sugar and Butter in equal amounts. I like to use Vitolife dairy free spread, soft brown sugar and gluten free self-raising flour.
5. Using your lovely clean hands, rub together the flour, sugar and butter until you reach a breadcrumb like consistency.
6. Grease your pie dish with some dairy free spread and press the pastry into the dish, leaving enough to cover the top.
7. Place the softened apples into the pie and sprinkle some sweet ground cinnamon over the top.
8. Use the remainder of the pastry to cover the top of the pie, you can roll it or I just flatten it in my hands a bit at a time.
9. Bake for 30-40 mins until golden, then leave to cool before attemting to remove it from the dish.
10. Slice a large portion and devour!!